Full-Time Research Assistant Application
Thank you for your interest in working with Professor Heckman!
To be considered for a Full-Time Research Associate position at the Center for the Economics of Human Development, please provide the following information using this form:
1. Curriculum Vitae or Resume, including research experience and other relevant experience.
2. Transcripts, including all relevant Economics and Statistics classes taken, semester taken, and the grade received for each (including classes in progress). Relevant coursework in other areas may be included.
* Note: an unofficial transcript is acceptable, there is no need to acquire an official copy from your institution(s).
3. If you are claiming software proficiency, please include a sample code, developed by you, that shows your programming skills. You should be able to understand your code thoroughly and be able to explain it.
4. A BRIEF (1-2 paragraph) research statement, addressing the following:
- What are your career goals?
- Why do you want to assist with our research?
- What could be your main contribution?
- What do you find academically interesting about our research?
We also request that you submit contact information for one or two academic references (professors, teaching assistants, graduate students, etc) who could comment positive on your abilities.
For questions or additional employment information, please email email@example.com or use the form below. DO NOT send emails to Professor Heckman directly.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law.
For additional information, please see the University’s Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Academic job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5671 or email ACOppAdministrator@uchicago.edu with their request.
Staff job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-834-1841 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with their request.